Tol’vir Archaeology is a difficult one to get around to collecting everything there is to go with it. This is due to it being a rarity found only within Uldum.
Once you hit 450, they’ll start popping up on the map–but you’ll need to do quite a bit of grinding for archaeology locations in other zones in order to be given the chance at it.
This guide gives you information on the vanity items/equipment you can acquire from Tol’vir archaeology.
It’s a daunting task.
I hope you’re up to the challenge.
The zones you can find Tol’vir archaeology fragments:
How do I go about farming Tol’vir Archaeology fragments?
I’ll be stating the same information below in every Archaeology farming post, so if you’d like to read it, here you go. Otherwise, continue on!
- ► The usual way, which is to not go about using any addons. You simply travel from one area to another until the artifact is nearby.
- ♦ Downfall: You’ll be constantly looking at your map to make sure you’re going the right direction for the dig site.
- ♦ Upside: You won’t have to worry about any addons going out of date on you.
- ► Using the addons TomTom, Gathermate2, and Archaeology Helper.
- ♦ Downfall: You’re relying on three addons to stay up to date.
- ♦ Upside: TomTom can point you in the direction to the site; Arch Helper will provide a helpful HUD map and color overlay; Gathermate2 shows possible areas that the dig may be.
- ► Using the addons Gathermate2 and Archy.
- ♦ Downfall: You’re relying on two addons to stay up to date. Archy doesn’t have an HUD like Helper does.
- ♦ Upside: You no longer need TomTom to point you the way, because Archy has an indicator of how close you are to the dig sites; Gathermate2 shows possible areas that the dig may be.
What items can I get from Tol’vir Archaeology?
- ♦ This scroll is equivalent to 12 Tol’vir Archaeology fragments.
- ♦ It’s a random drop you can get when digging for fragments. (Kind of like gems when you’re mining.)
- ♦ They are not BoP, so you can sell or buy them off the Auction House.
- ♦ If the artifact you’re working on solving has a keystone slot, you can place one of the scrolls in and boost the number.
- ♦ You do not have to use scrolls if you don’t want to.
- ♦ Artifacts can have up to 3 keystone slots.
- ♦ Not all artifacts will have keystone slots.
► Bind on Account:
- ♦ Pendant of the Scarab Storm
♦ Ring of the Boy Emperor
♦ Scimitar of the Sirocco
♦ Staff of Ammunae