Zandalari Archaeology can be found all throughout the continent of Zandalar. So if you’re out there questing, or wandering around for mats–mining, skinning, herbing–keep an eye out for those archaeology areas.
Unfortunately (as of 8.0), you’re not going to be able to fly around to find these areas. Also, some of the really useful addons are broken (but being fixed!), so it puts a bit of a damper on the profession so far when going into this area, but persevere!
This guide gives you information on the vanity items/equipment you can acquire from Zandalari archaeology.
It’s a daunting task.
I hope you’re up to the challenge.
The zones you can find Zandalari archaeology fragments:
How do I go about farming Zandalari Archaeology fragments?
I’ll be stating the same information below in every Archaeology farming post, so if you’d like to read it, here you go. Otherwise, continue on!
- ► The usual way, which is to not go about using any addons. You simply travel from one area to another until the artifact is nearby.
- ♦ Downfall: You’ll be constantly looking at your map to make sure you’re going the right direction for the dig site.
- ♦ Upside: You won’t have to worry about any addons going out of date on you.
- ► Using the addons TomTom, Gathermate2, and Archaeology Helper.
- ♦ Downfall: You’re relying on three addons to stay up to date.
- ♦ Upside: TomTom can point you in the direction to the site; Arch Helper will provide a helpful HUD map and color overlay; Gathermate2 shows possible areas that the dig may be.
- ► Using the addons Gathermate2 and Archy.
- ♦ Downfall: You’re relying on two addons to stay up to date. Archy doesn’t have an HUD like Helper does.
- ♦ Upside: You no longer need TomTom to point you the way, because Archy has an indicator of how close you are to the dig sites; Gathermate2 shows possible areas that the dig may be.
What items can I get from Zandalari Archaeology?
- ♦ This idol is equivalent to (I believe) 50 Zandalari Archaeology fragments.
- ♦ It’s a random drop you can get when digging for fragments. (Kind of like gems when you’re mining.)
- ♦ They are not BoP, so you can sell or buy them off the Auction House.
- ♦ You can place one of the idols into the fragments and boost the number to completion.
- Akun’Jar Vase
- Urn of Passage
- Rezan Idol
- High Apothecary’s Hood
- Bwonsamdi Voodoo Mask
- Blowgun of the Sethra
► Bind on Account: